Skip to main content

Organizer Spotlight: Samuel Matengu

No event is complete without the event coordinator and the Arts Fair is no exception. Samuel Matengu, artist name SkySam is a crucial part of our team, and we would not be able to acheive what we do without him. Sam will also be exhibiting his work at the Arts Fair, so you can catch him at his booth, or at his workshop on ultraviolet photography at 1:00pm on the 28th of July 2018. 
Event Coordinator - Samuel Matengu aka SkySam

About Sam, In His Words:

I was born in Windhoek, and he has always had a passion for photography, but it was only in 2015 when I took an online photography course and extensive research on how to take pictures under different light conditions. I then began to focus on long exposure photography, which led me to host my first ever interactive exhibition titled “Where Is Your HeArt?” with Chantel Kambrude also known as C-Star in 2016 at the Franco Namibian Cultural Centre. This exhibition was fundamentally about asking artists and people in general, where their art is or lies and that one should be able to express themselves however they feel, even if their aren’t full-time artists. 
After that, I kept on experimenting different photography styles under different light conditions. This April I had my first solo exhibition at the Goethe-Institut, which was curated by StartArt Gallery, titled the "Black Light Portrait Party" where I exhibited my exploration of ultraviolet light, and being able to see Namibian artists in a different light. 

Ultraviolet Photography Workshop being offered by Sam at the Namibia Arts Fair

Comments