Skip to main content

Artist Interview with Miss H

This weekend we had a meeting with Heather Dennis, commonly known as Miss H, front man for the Fate of Miss H, and a very well known multidisciplinary artist in Namibia. We sat down with her to find out her perspective on the current art industry and where she sees it expanding to in terms of her artistic expression.

Catch Miss H live at the Namibia Arts Fair!

What is your artistic background?

I am an actor, singer, dancer, recently comedian, I've done theatre work and stage work, both on and off stage, and basically art.

What does your work try to say?

That you can be whatever you want to be and you can be as free as you want to be in your expression of yourself.

Who are your biggest influences?

Michael Jackson and Beyonce as performers, musically, people like Etta James, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Beatles. I like everybody.

If you were a color, which one would you be?

I would have to be the rainbow flag.

How do you seek out artistic opportunities?

Mostly on my own, like for shows, like, for opportunities, mostly corporate sponsorship or all these cultural institutions for opportunities to travel to other countries.

How do you find people to purchase your artwork and music?

People usually find me, through social media, its been a very good platform for me to sell my art. 

What are the best and worst things about being an artist?

Best thing is that you can basically hang out with any type of crowd, whether they are rich or they're poor, you can relate to all of them. The worst thing is that you can relate to all of them.

What projects are you currently working on?

My solo album, my band album and travel, just focusing on the traveling aspect of my art, experiencing culture shock of other countries and how they express art. I'm following a lot of dance trends, the major dance and filming trends, because I'm a big film buff. I focus mostly on the visual art trends. I could even be making the next one.

If you're interested in seeing Miss H create the next visual and dance trends, you can see her live at the Namibia Arts Fair on the 28th of July 2018 at the Goethe-Institut. Tickets are only N$30 in advance, and are available now at Today.com.na.


Comments